We have had a lazy day, video games, movies, and baking oatmeal butterscotch cookies.
Recipe: Best Ever Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
Summary: These oh-so-yummy cookies freeze beautifully, making them the perfect lunchbox treat!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees;In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add oats and chips; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets;remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
Cooking time: 8-10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 48