Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Spanish Tatortot Hotdish

Spanish Tatortot Hotdish


For my hubby's birthday I normally make his favorites.  This year when I asked him if he wanted tatortot hotdish or spanish rice while driving home, the guy he car pools suggested Spanish Tatortot Hotdish.  They came up with a whole bunch of ideas and yes, I put it together for him that night for his birthday!

Here is the recipe I came up with.


1 pound ground beef
1 purple onion diced
Taco seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes seasoned with celery, onions
1 can black beans
Tator Tots
2 cups taco seasoned shredded cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven 425 degrees.  Brown ground beef, with diced onion.  Add taco seasoning, tomatoes, black beans.  Bake tator tots on cooking sheet.  Simmer beef mixture while tator tots bake then pour into a 9x13 pan, place baked tator tots on top, sprinkle cheese over all.  Place back in the oven until cheese melts.

We topped ours with chopped lettuce, sour cream, and tortilla chips.  YUM

It was such a hit, I made 3 pans of it for baby girl's birthday party also where it was a hit again!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment