Thursday, January 12, 2017

Word of the Year: Self Care Vol 2


Have you ever flown on a plane?  What do they tell you to do if the plane loses cabin pressure?  "Put on your own oxygen mask first before assisting others." Too often we keep pouring out ourselves out without refilling our own cup until there is nothing left to give.  As a mom of young children I find this VERY easy to do!  

I was completely guilty of this until a few months ago I started making an EXTRA effort to refill my own cup so I was able to keep pouring out.  This is NOT selfish but rather a balance and showing compassion. We often hear the line....'It's important to show compassion for others.'  But how often do we treat ourselves with that same level of kindness?

In the weeks to come I'm going to be sharing some of the ways I practice self-care.

Next week:  Taking/Finding Time



No comments:

Post a Comment