Thursday, January 19, 2017

Word of the Year: Self Care Vol 3

Taking/Finding Time

Start small and don't let it become an added stress in your life.


5am...yes you read that correctly, that is my time...I am NOT a morning person!  Like not at all...Which means, I'm grumpy, short tempered, sarcastic in the mornings unless...I get up before I have to get the kids up for school.  


My husband gets up at 5 for work so I started taking that to my advantage.  Instead of having the alarm right next to the bed, hitting snooze, kicking him to get up, and going back into a deep sleep for only an hour and a half later alarm going off again, hitting snooze a few times.  Then, rushing to get kids up and ready for school, lunches packed, everyone moving slow and grumpy, big sigh, rush through my devotions before the youngest wakes up.   That is NOT a good way to start the day.  

Yet I had been doing that for years!  So, I decided I needed to change that, but what was the solution?!?!?!? 

For me, it was putting the alarm literally across the room, asking my husband to keep me accountable, staying up, making the bed, hitting the treadmill for 10-30 minutes, making coffee, sitting down for my devotions BEFORE having to get the kids up for school.  It's amazing how much better my mornings so now.  




Now to just figure out how to stop the night time crash.  Since the other side of self care is caring for your marriage and kids also.  The kids portion is okay but I'm crashing at the same time they do every night!  Small steps for me also...

No comments:

Post a Comment