Thursday, February 16, 2017

Word of the Year: Self Care Vol 6

Volume 6: Express Gratitude

What does self care mean?  Self care is any activity that you do voluntarily that helps you maintain your physical, mental or emotional health.  It can help you feel healthy, relaxed and ready to take on your work and responsibilities.  


Keep a journal with praises & 
prayers from each day.  

I try to make sure to write 3 praises each morning.  Most days those come easy but somedays I have to sit and think.  Especially when I try to not use the same ones each day.  Sometimes they are something BIG, while others something very small.  

Getting my mind thinking about praises actually helps me when I get to the 'prayer' section.  A lot of times, this list ends up being for people around me that are hurting and heavy on my heart.  I love being able to look back at these and see just how many of these are answered.  If I hadn't written them down I probably would of missed it as I go about my daily crazy life.

Who wants to start doing this with me?  It can be in a notebook, on your phone in the notes section, a specific journal, but it doesn't have to be anything special. Just a spot to go each day and thank God for what he has given us and prayers that are laying heavy on your heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment