Friday, June 2, 2017

Word of the Year: Self Care Vol 16

Self Care: Vol 16 Dirt Therapy

What does self care mean?  Self care is any activity that you do voluntarily that helps you maintain your physical, mental or emotional health.  It can help you feel healthy, relaxed and ready to take on your work and responsibilities.

Earlier this week, the kids and I stopped and picked up some flowers to pot.    With crazy schedule this summer, an family reunion half way across the country, I wasn't sure I wanted to put a garden in or not.  Thankfully my father in law came and tilled it earlier this week.  So yesterday Kezia and I went out for some dirt therapy and planted a small vegetable garden.  Amazing how a little bit of good ole Vitamin D, dirt under your nails does for ones mood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment