Thursday, September 28, 2017

Word of the Year: Self Care Vol 19

Word of the Year:  Self Care Vol 19

What does self care mean?  Self care is any activity that you do voluntarily that helps you maintain your physical, mental or emotional health.  It can help you feel healthy, relaxed and ready to take on your work and responsibilities.

This morning as I sits next to the lake to work.  I'm so thankful not only for the gifts of the earth I have been given to help others especially moms and their families.  But that I also have a flexible schedule which means I can take 20 minutes and enjoy this beautiful fall weather this morning.  Tried out a new trail this morning that I think I will be taking advantage of more often.  I struggle to fit exercise into my life most days. In the next few weeks I am going to try and make that a priority a bit more.  Sitting in the sun next to a window that faces over a beautiful lake is just an extra bonus!  

These last couple weeks with Kezia in preschool I'm finding that I am a much better mom when I can set aside 4 hours each week to focus on my business and myself.  I always felt like a selfish mom when I did that but not only is she happier but so am I!  It's been a win/win.

Enjoying a beautiful fall morning walk

This view...now it's time to focus and work!

No comments:

Post a Comment