Thursday, April 13, 2017

Word of the Year: Self Care Vol 12

Vol 12 Unplug and/or STOP Making Comparisons! 

What does self care mean?  Self care is any activity that you do voluntarily that helps you maintain your physical, mental or emotional health.  It can help you feel healthy, relaxed and ready to take on your work and responsibilities.

It's so easy with social media to make comparisons and be discontent.  If that is you, it might time be a good to unplug from social media or even really monitor how much time is spent 'online' for a bit.


All the resources online are great and staying current with friends/family from far away.  Yet sometimes it's easy to fall into the pit of comparing yourself and family to others.  Remember social media tends to only show the best.  While working through this mini remodel that we have been working on it's been slightly eye opening for me. Love the resources like Pinterest but in the end I'm content with making it my own and my own style.  Yes I LOVE input from others and will probably get some this weekend when everyone is here but it will be just that, input.  Be on the look out for both sides of our project, I will share the craziness that went along with the project not just the good that honestly that all I really want people to see.  Yet it's all a process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment