For New Years Eve we had a pizza party!!!
My regular pizza is pretty fool proof and normally doesn't have much for leftovers :) And I even made gluten free pizza from scratch. So figure I will share my recipe. Sadly I didn't get pictures taken of my steps. Or the finished product besides only lonely piece of regular pizza. Next time I make it I will try to get step by step.
3 cups flour
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1. Add 1 cup warm water to bowl, add 1 1/2 tsp yeast and 1 tsp sugar to dissolve and start to bubble. Let sit 5 minutes.
2. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 cup oil to the yeast water. Then mix in 3 cups of flour.
3. Form dough into a ball in the ball. Then put onto counter and kneed 10 times.
4. Put back into bowl and cover with a wet dishcloth and let sit 15-20 minutes to raise.
5. Grease cookie sheet or 2 round pizza pans.
6. Take dough and spread onto the pans.
7. Add tomato sauce (then add pizza seasoning to it) or pizza sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese, other cheese, and topping of your choice.
Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until dough is lightly browned on the edges.
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup sorghum flour
1 1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
2 tb oil
3/4 cup warm water
1. Add 3/4 cup warm water to 2 1/2 tsp yeast and 1/2 sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes to dissolve and start bubbling.
2. Add egg, 2 tb oil and mix together.
3. Add brown rice flour, sorghum flour, tapioca flour and xanthan gum to the mixture.
4. It will be very sticky dough.
5. Spray a round pizza pan with oil. Put dough onto pan and either us a plastic baggie sprayed with oil or I personally put a little corn starch on my hands and on the dough to spread it out.
6. Let the dough sit for 20 minutes to raise.
7. Bake for 8 minutes at 425 degrees. (The original recipe only calls for 400 but since I am always making this this my regular pizza I don't change the temp and it turns out just fine.)
8. Brush baked crust with olive oil then add sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice.
9. Return pizza to the oven to finish baking for 15 minutes. Then let sit for a few minutes before cutting it.
It is VERY yummy and Zeke eats it right up! By no means is this little boy deprived :)