Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies--Gluten and Dairy Free

Finally getting a gluten and dairy free post up!  Today I made cookies for Zeke.

Recipe

Ingredients:
3/4 cup brown rice flour (it calls for millet flour but I couldn't find any)
1/2 cup rice flour
3/4 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup shortening (of butter if you can have it)
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2-2 cup chocolate chips (if dairy free make sure your chocolate chips say dairy free!  I buy Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips.  They are made in a dairy, nut and gluten free facility.)

Instructions:
1.  Beat shortening and sugars.
2.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
3.  Add flours and rest of ingredients.
3.  Add the chocolate chips.  Sometimes I use even less then the 1 1/2 cups.



4.  Drop sticky dough onto cookies sheet by the spoonful.


5.  Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes (or at least that is how long my oven takes).  Makes 4 dozen cookies.
6.  Remove onto wire rake to cool.


     These ones got a bit darker then normal.  They tend to spread out more then normal cookies.  And using the brown rice flour they aren't quite as sweet as they can be.  But Zeke and I find them to be quite good!  One of the tricks I do since it makes such a big batch is I bag them up in sandwich ziplock bags and freeze 4 at a time.  It only takes a few minutes to thaw them back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment