Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Menu Planning

A while back I started a 3 ring binder with all my daily stuff.  It's not overly impressive so I am NOT going to take any pictures of it.  But it consists to list for each day, calender, menu, weekly to do, and goals in plastic sheets to I can cross them off.  I'm a BIG cross off my list kind of person. 

Then on pintrest the other day I saw a menu board.  Since the kids are always asking me what's for supper each night I thought it might be a quick and fun project!  And it was.  Zeke has the influenza so wants to be held all the time, so I stuck him in the Ergo and worked on this project :)





First I started with a cheap frame that I had bought some framed art in years ago from Walmart.  Sorted through my scrapbook paper until I found a sheet that I thought went with my red, tan and green apple kitchen.

Cut the paper to fit into my frame.

Cut down a chocolate box to fit for my meals in.  Turn it inside out since it was white inside.  And hot glued it to my paper.

Then I hot glued my clothes pins for each day of the week.  And my MENU sign.


Finished project, it's a little on the small size but cost me nothing since all things I had around the house :)

Then in Bible study a few week ago we transformed some yard sticks into art centers with construction paper, Modge Podge, and clothes pins.  So I hung that next to my menu planner and hung our holiday cards from people on it.






Not sure if I like where I hung it but....

I have my own mini command center! 

No comments:

Post a Comment