Thursday, January 21, 2016

Word of the Year: Content Vol 3

Content


adjective  simple definition:  pleased and satisfied, not needing more

It's Thursday again and time for Content Thursday.  Last night I was challenged by my mentor to think about, 'if you were given $1000 today, how would you spend it?  You are not allowed to use it for bills.'  Since my first thought was to stick it in savings, I had to quickly think about something else.  My first thought was to help a friend that could really use $1000 today!  Yet the more I thought about it the harder it became.  Sadly it felt like it wasn't enough, the things I want to do $1000 doesn't seem to scratch the surface.  Does that mean I'm not content?  Or that I have dreams that I want to work for?!?!?!?!?  There is nothing wrong with dreaming and striving for something greater, as long as it doesn't consume you and forces you off course or leaves you feeling discontent.  

Never fails, this morning during my devotions these two verses came up.  


How often do we go to God but it is for our selfish need/needs?!?!  In the last couple years I have tried very hard to write 3 or more things I am thankful for each day, no matter how the day looks or the days have been.  You can always find something to be thankful for!  Be peaceful and content on purpose is something we have to do for ourselves. 

Peace I leave with you.  My peace I give to you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Your heart must not be troubled or fearful.  John 14:27

After my 'thanks' in my journal, I then write 'prayers', so many times I can look back in the days and find my prayers have been answered and are now can be added to thanks.  


And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.  This hope will not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has given to us.  Romans 5:3-5



Today is a new day.  Will you choose God's peace and contentment?

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment