Thursday, February 2, 2017

Word of the Year: Self Care Vol 5

Volume 5:  Movement

What does self care mean?  Self care is any activity that you do voluntarily that helps you maintain your physical, mental or emotional health.  It can help you feel healthy, relaxed and ready to take on your work and responsibilities.  



Movement has always been a hard thing to add to my list with a young family.  Years ago I would go run after the kids went to bed.  Then life, fatigue of more kids, etc became my excuse.  They really were valid excuses.  Over the last couple months I've been trying to be better at getting myself moving more each day.  In the summer I bought a FitBit which helps me keep track on how much I do move.  Yet I seem to need a walk or run to clear cobwebs out of my head each day.  So I asked my hubby to keep me accountable to not only get up at 5 when he gets up but that I'm on the treadmill when he leaves each morning.  Some mornings I put in a mile, some days more.  This summer I'm hoping to start putting some time in outside but for now I just keeping adding miles to my faithful treadmill!!!!

Keep in mind, movement doesn't have to be a treadmill or even an run or walk outside, it can be a aerobic/zumba class, DVD workout, throwing a ball in the yard, bike ride, etc.  But movement for 10-30 minutes nonstop is needed for each of us each day, you will feel like a better person, just get on your feet and get moving!!!

Next Week: Volume 6 Express Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment