Thursday, September 13, 2018

New Chapter

Boy it has been awhile since I even opened my blog.  Seems like it is the same line coming from me time and time again.  Yes I've been busy, yes life has been crazy (how is it not with 4 kids 2 involved in sports and music), yes I haven't taken the time I need to take for myself, but guess what...I am going to be making changes to change at least the last one!  This is the 1st time in 13+ years I have a couple hours each afternoon ALL TO MYSELF!!!  My youngest will be turning 5 in October and is attending 4K at our local school.  Not sure how she is actually big enough, she's my baby, and going to school with the 'big' kids!  As sad as it is to know they are all growing up I'm also excited, for them and for me.


And these guys are 2nd, 8th, & 5th Grade ALREADY!!!!


Why am I excited?  We had an amazing summer with many memories.  But I also let myself wear down physically and mentally.  Did you know that being wore down mentally can give you physical symptoms?!?!?!  I did also but never thought that would be me.  I'm the 'oil lady' and should know these things, right?  Well...I'll be honest with you, I let it happen and didn't realize it for months.  So, I am going to be taking the next few months to get myself physically and mentally healthier. 

September has been a time to get the kids and myself back into school routine, music lessons, etc.  I am going to be taking a mini trip to a convention the end of the month so prepping for mom to be gone a few days.  Then when I get back, it will be very slight diet change (I'm still trying to figure out what works and doesn't work with my gall bladder gone), adding in some more structured exercise, more quiet time and journaling.  Yes, it doesn't seem like much but when mom had gotten put at the bottom of the 'to do list' unintentionally, this is huge!  As a mom we don't even realize we are doing this, especially when they are little and they require 120% of us.  Now that this new chapter is starting I am wanting to be able to give 100% of myself again but also have that 100% to even give them.  I've know said this over and over again but I will say it again...

Image result for you can't pour from an empty cup

No comments:

Post a Comment