Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Forgotten Rosebush

Here's a little tale about a forgotten rose bush, right from yours truly.  

Remember how our summer has been crazy?  Late summer, my sister bought me a gorgeous rose bush from the nursery she was working at for the summer.   She dropped it off at my father in law's house because she forgot to bring it when she saw me, and she didn't want it to die.  Fast forward quite a few weeks, guess who finds it 'cause "Miss forgetful" (me) forgot ALL about it.. My father in law found it!  It was just twigs by now, but he started to water it not knowing where it had came from.  One weekend at church he was talking about how he had been watering a bush that was by his garage door that he didn't know what or where it had come from.  I still had completely forgotten that I had a rose bush there.  My sister overheard this conversation, and asked me if I had picked my rose bush up.  Nope...I had forgotten my rose bush!  

Fast forward again, a couple more weeks. My father in law remembered to bring it over, and set it on my deck.  Yup, you might have guessed, I forgot about it on the deck! 'Cause honestly, life keeps on going, and I seemed to be in survival mode with only necessities happening. Occasionally, Zeke would water it when he was completing his task of watering the pots on the deck.  Finally one day I took the few minutes it took to put the rosebush into the ground.  

Once again this poor forgotten rose bush, was forgotten AGAIN!  I didn't water it, didn't nurture it, didn't feed it plant food.  I had done the bare necessities, thinking the forgotten rosebush would not survive anyway.  I had dug a hole, covered it back up, gave it a little water and walked away.  

Then couple weeks ago, I noticed a splash of color out my kitchen window!  Lo and behold, there were ROSES on the forgotten rosebush!!!!!!!!!! My sister Lydia (who gave the bush to me) was over yesterday, and gasped when she looked out the window. "Is that the rose bush I gave you?" She exclaimed. She said "that one looks healthier than mine does, look at all the roses!" She had gotten them at the same time, planted hers, and left mine at my father in law's.  

More, and more roses keep coming out.  Today I stopped and took a picture of this 'forgotten rosebush'.  


This 'forgotten rosebush' taught me something.  Roses will bloom again! 

Reminding me of the song by Bill Gaither called 'Roses Will Bloom Again'.  The chorus to the song goes...

Roses will bloom again,
Just wait and see
Don't mourn what might have been
Only God knows how and when that
Roses will bloom again.

Isn't this the truth? This little forgotten rosebush wasn't truly forgotten, and God used it to show me his love the last couple weeks. A little watering by God, a little digging, and he revived something so it could bloom again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment