Thursday, January 7, 2016

Word of the Year: Vol 1

Last week my best friend challenging me to select a single word to guide my year.  
Do you make resolutions every new year that you swear you will keep? Only to have them end up on the forgotten or gave-up pile yet again? Try something different this year. Select a single word to guide your year instead. You just might be as surprised as I was at the incredible impact it makes.

I have been praying about a word that fit me.  Three words came to me right away, only to be reading my devotion one day and have one pop out at me that wasn't on the original list!

CONTENT
adjective  simple definition:  pleased and satisfied, not needing more

Title of the devotion was 'Learning to Be Content in Every Situation'.  Contentment is a decision to be happy with what you already have.  You can choose to be content every day. This is worth more than all the material possessions you could possibly accumulate in a lifetime.  What is sure to make us happy? Choosing contentment in the Lord, every day. Saying to God, "Lord, I only want what You want me to have," is the only way to have real peace and lasting happiness. 

My goal is each week to post about contentment in my life. This is my challenge to myself and you!   Are you content?

Prayer for the week...



No comments:

Post a Comment